Flat roofs are by far the most popular roofing system for commercial buildings. While flat roofs are great for storage space, price, and quick installation, they do have some downfalls. Having no slope gives water no room to drip off. This lets water pool there until enough water collects and weighs down the roof to create a hole. This leads to your flat roof leaking through all the roofing materials like decking into your commercial building. Since flat roofs leak so much, you could end up needing commercial plumbing repairs in addition to your Texarkana flat roof repair if you don’t take preventative measures. For flat roofs leak repair in Texarkana, TX, call R.B.T Construction Roofing Division at .
The Best Flat Roofing Options to Prevent Leaks
- Green: Foliage drinks up the excess rainfall and ponding water, not giving it a chance to leak through your roof. Plus it provides a nice aesthetic.
- PVC, EPDM, or TPO: All made of rubber or acrylic bases, they are seamless roof coatings that are completely waterproof when dry.
- Metal: Metal is impenetrable and can withstand all weather, including fire. Water will slide right off the metallic roof, and it cannot leak through its thick yet lightweight material.
- Modified Bitumen: Similar to rubber coatings, modified bitumen is melted asphalt that creates a seamless and waterproof base.
- Coatings: If your roof does get a leak, instead of replacing it, you can coat your already-existing roofing system in an affordable waterproof shield.